Watch the video below to see the different Hazard Panels options that we can use in New Zealand for over dimension loads.
There are two regulation sizes: 300mm by 400mm and 600mm by 200mm.
There is a single sided option which has reflector one side but not on the other, or a double sided option which has reflector on both sides.
TransQuip manufactures and supplies the following hazard panel options...
- 9206 left and right is the most popular. This is 300mm by 400mm, on a strong alloy panel
- 9207 is 300mm by 400mm, a double sided Hazard Panel on alloy
- 9246 left and right, these are a cheaper 300mm by 400mm options mounted on a composite panel, so they are not as tough as the alloy panel
- 9247 is double sided option 300mm by 400mm, mounted on the composite panel
- 9208 left and right - adhesive option only, so you can apply these yourself to your vehicle or load
- 9256 left and right is 600mm by 200mm size, this is mounted on the alloy panel
- 9257 is also mounted on alloy, this is 600mm by 200mm double sided and it is interchangeable
- 9255 300mm by 400mm adhesive which you can mount yourself on to your overdimension vehicle or load
It is confusing which is left, and which is right because the left hand on the front is right hand on the rear, so to save this confusion we have a simple diagram showing which is left and which is right. These panels must be mounted correctly to meet the rules. Double sided is interchangeable so the left on the front can also be used for the right on the front and likewise for the rear.
TransQuip can help you with the full range of overdimension gear to help you meet the New Zealand requirements. Check out our range. If you're unsure what you need, a good place to start is on the NZTA website fact sheet 53A. Trust this helps you with understanding what you need for your overdimension Hazard Panel requirements.