When riding all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and motorbikes, you always need to minimise any risks and be safe, not only on the field but also when you are loading up. The correct tools and equipment are essential for you to enjoy your hobbies safely. Choosing the right loading ramps to load and unload your ATVs off your Utes, trucks or trailers is one safety necessity.
When selecting suitable loading ramps for your all-terrain vehicle, the following points must be considered:
- Total weight of your machine. Like any loading ramp - ATV ramps have a load capacity rating. So you need to make sure your loading ramps are rated to at least the weight of the total weight of your ATV plus the rider and any extra gear on the ATV. Rapid ramps are thoroughly tried and tested for their capacity. With other ramps, it is best to make sure you get a ramp that well exceeds the total weight of the vehicle, your weight and fuel etc.
- Make sure the tyre width is less than the running surface on the ramp
- The height of the deck you are loading onto from the ground and acceptable gradient for your machine to negotiate, to prevent any tipping. This is important so you can safely drive up and down the ramp.
- Consider the terrain and any slopes, bumps or holes that could alter the loading angle or unbalance the ramps or vehicles.
- The ramp material. There are two options aluminium and steel. Aluminium has an excellent weight to strength ratio and does not rust. Steel is harder and generally cheaper.
- What machinery you are going to load. Check it will suit your ramps and the vehicle you are loading to prevent accidents and unnecessary damage to your property.
Consider all these points thoroughly for each vehicle you have loading ramps for, as no ramps are universal for all users.
Safe, fast, and practical » Improve efficiency » Increase versatility » Superior traction giving safety and confidence » Achieving the balance of strength, weight, and cost!