"Never waste a good crisis" Winston Churchill
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." Charles R. Swindoll
"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" Abraham Lincoln
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." Confucius
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." Helen Keller
"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground." Theodore Roosevelt
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
Fun with the kids (and even more fun for yourself!):
Colouring In: The owner's kids have been drawing, click on the picture to download their drawings and colour them in. Enjoy!
Zoo & Safari Live Cam: We can't go to the zoo, but that doesn't mean the zoo can't come to us! San Diego Zoo in California and Melbourne Zoo Australia are kindly live streaming the animals! (Hint: you might need to be patient... they are not always in front of the camera).
Inspiration Wall: Have some fun decorating your house with the kids.
Toilet Roll Crafts: problem solved! That is why toilet paper was selling out 😉
Decorate Eggs: Who knew eggs had some potential.. all that is needed is IMAGINATION and INSPIRATION! Here's your inspiration.
Popsicle Stick Chicks: Make your own little chicks and let your brain go wild to make all sorts of little creatures! Start Here.
Autumn Leave Art: Leaves are everywhere... make some unbe-leaf-able work of art out of them! Check out some of these ideas.
SnapFish Scrapbooking: Now is your time to get pictures of your trip away/wedding/kids/last year.. anything... and put them tidily in a book of memories! Note if you don't have the spare cash to get it printed it will save ready to print for another day - they have some awesome specials so wait till the perfect one for your! Get started today.
Jog Your Brain:
- Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?
- There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
- What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?
- Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
- In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
- What was the President's name in 1975?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in second place, what place would you be in now?
- Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or
"The yolk of the egg is white"?
Just Breath:It is so important to breath - deep and slow. Here is a breathing tip. The 4-7-8 breathing technique, it is also known as “relaxing breath.” It involves breathing in for 4 seconds, holding the breath for 7 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds. Find out more here.
Be Positive: If you do feel a little Mr negative take a read of this -
- Find the optimistic viewpoint in a negative situation.
- Cultivate and live in a positive environment.
- Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
- Don't let vague fears hold you back from doing what you want.
- Add value and positivity to someone else's life.
- Keep reading...
- Laughter relaxes the whole body
- Laughter boosts the immune system
- Laughter protects the heart
- Laughter burns calories
- Laughter lightens anger’s heavy load
- Laughter may even help you to live longer
- Find out what else laughter does
Dr Lucy Hone: Dr Lucy has huge experience in providing brilliant advice to families, individuals and businesses, you can get great advice here.
Down Dog: Originally a home yoga app, Down Dog now also has a HIIT and a barre version, all of which are free until May 1. They’re really easy to follow and require zero equipment so are perfect for people who want an easy way to get a sweat on. Get the sweat running...
Food For Thought:
Below are our favourite website for some tasty treats... or just inspiration to cook up a feast! Click on the pictures to go to these favourite recipes.
Half Baked Harvest: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/