Here at TransQuip we’re always looking to provide not only quality parts but also helpful information to keep our customers safe.
LED Trailer Lights:
As you may already be aware, there are several regulations that need to be addressed in order to have your trailer road-legal. It is a legal requirement in New Zealand for your trailer to have tail lights that are visible. Having these lights on your trailer allows it to remain visible at any time during the day or night.
Trailer lights that become dim, blown bulbs, faulty wiring, or simply cease working over a course of time will cause your trailer to fail it’s warrant of fitness.
The older filament bulbs are prone to some of the following:
- High vibration from a trailer being towed with little or no load.
- Corrosion of the bulb holder sockets.
- Wiring faults & connectivity.
If you are experiencing these or any other problems with the older type lighting, consider replacing them with superior LED lighting.
Here are a quick few reasons.
- LED Trailer lights are fully sealed so don’t present the same corrosion problems as bulb lights.
- LED Trailer lights are often brighter than the older bulb style which obviously increases the visibility on the road, keeping you safer.
- Save costs in repeat repairs – replacing bulbs, lenses, repairing electrical faults etc…
- LED Low current draw means less electrical load on your alternator/ electrical systems.
- LED’s are mostly multi-volt so you can tow with the 24v truck or your 12v Ute or Car.
- LED's are far more resistant so they handle bumpy tracks a lot better.
Are you in need of trailer lights for your trailer?...... If so TransQuip can supply good quality LED lights to keep your trailer in shape!
What lights do you need?
- A. Two red lights at the back to show how wide the trailer is.
- B. Direction indicators at the back.
- C. Two red stop / Tail lights at the back, if the driver's signals can't be seen.
- D. A number plate light at the back.
If you need more information please refer to the NZTA website.